AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1100 and now the temp light turns on right after the unit start displaying image. I took the unit apart and clean all the fans and it works on the bench without issue if it is sitting right side up. If I flip the unit upside down back to as if I am mounting on the ceiling, the unit will have the high temp light on right away and shut down. Has anyone come across this problem in the past?

thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1100 and now the temp light turns on right after the unit start displaying image. I took the unit apart and clean all the fans and it works on the bench without issue if it is sitting right side up. If I flip the unit upside down back to as if I am mounting on the ceiling, the unit will have the high temp light on right away and shut down. Has anyone come across this problem in the past?

thanks for your time.
Have you ever heard anything about this or corrected the issue? If so I would love to know. Mine did this to me last night. I had the projector on for maybe 10-15 minutes then it shut off and i couldn’t figure why. Then tried turning it on and never even got an image the RS1100 shut off and temp light came on this continued happened I tried to take out the lens it’s fine then turned it on as it I would be mounting it to the ceiling fired up fine then flipped it over turned it on and immediately it shuts off temp like comes on. Please help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coincidentally, Im chasing down the same issue right now. With mine, you can hear a bearing dragging inside of the motor of the main fan (closest to the light bulb), and the high temp light comes on as soon as that fan kicks on during the startup sequence.

These fans have a built in tachometer/ rpm sensor that I assume the projector has logic to monitor, so Ill be ordering a new one (about $15-20 from mouser and the like) and see if that fixes it.

Im not sure if this is the only condition that would trip that light, but it seems to be whats happening in mine. If you can hear the second fan come on and its loud, probably the same for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts