Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm installing a couple of used Runco 850 (Zenith 900's I believe) projectors at the moment and have come across something I've never seen in a projector before.A quick history here,They are both 240 volt international versions,one is running Runco PFP7 600p the other a Runco tripler (ex 933) 48khz.Contrast and Brightness set as per VE.I use an NTSC copy of Starship Troopers to exhibit the problem although it does it on any material.When a bright scene appears the brightness seems to increase significantly and washes the picture out,the picture also appears slightly out of focus.I've taken the scaler out and run it on s-video but the problem is still there.It happens on PAL discs as well.One of the projectors also exhibits some heavy horizontal scrolling lines.What's up guy's,Is there a fix for this?I'm desperate,I still have all my hair but not for much longer.

Cheer's Steve.:confused:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

Did a search and found that Curt Palmer came across 6/20 which had problems,but didn't mention anything specific that I could nail this problem to.

Anyone(Curt maybe)?

Cheer's Steve

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
No, the problem that I saw is zero contrast, which is caused by a leaky transistor on the CPU board. This problem is different. Maybe CHuck Williams has some ideas? He's worked on a bunch of these...

Curt

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thank's Curt, for the info.Could it be a power supply problem as it seems that they had a 100% failure rate.The Tech here ran some extra earth wires in and around the power supply,no joy.

Cheer's Steve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.