AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CL 710 that I purchased new in May 2003. In 2006 when the unit stopped firing up, I had an authorized runco service/dealer send it in to runco for service. Don't know all they did but supposedly they cleaned it up, re-calibrated it and sent it back. Cost me over $1,500. Now, I'm having the same problem again -- the unit tries to boot up but goes into fault mode (red flashing light) which indicates a problem with a fan. I'd rather not spend another $1,500 to send it in again. Any other things I can try (like blowing the fans out with clean air) that might get me up and viewing again?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
If you do not want to get it fixed, if it were my unit I would open it up and see which fan is not turning. If one is not rotating replace it with a working one and see if that fixes it. My Vidikron (AKA Runco) has computer fans in it with fault monitoring i.e. 3 wire verse two wire fans. Since you cannot get much for a non working PJ and it is not worth the $1500 this might be a easy and cheap way to fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, rovingtravler. I did take off the cover and blow out the fans and re-assembled. Fans appear to be working fin. Something is still making a rubbing noise when it tries to boot up. I'm wondering if it is the spinning mirrors/filters? If it is, I'm probably screwed because I'm guessing that would be a major fix cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.