AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Presently own a Runco CL420. Actually got it not too long ago.

Beautiful picture, solid unit, just noisy! So much so that my wife says to take it back!

Anyway, stopped by the store today and they said that even though the Epson is nice he figures the pq on the Runco would be better.

So I just thought I'd ask folks opinions here. Should I stick with the Runco (720p) or by a new 6500UB(1080p)?

BTW, I bought the Runco used for $1000.

TIA

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am not going to bash Runco, because the 420 is a fine projector, throws a fine picture, and honestly for its time was not all that ridiculously priced as are many boutique, brick-and-mortar store brands. I actually saw one for sale for well under $1000, and seriously considered buying it at that price.

That said, I don't think it will throw too much competition the way of the Epson. While I feel that some of the better 720p units from yesteryear throw an overall better image than some of the "el cheapo" 1080p "budget" units, I would put the Epson in a different class. It should be quite an upgrade in contrast ratio, and if you seating distance is close enough, in resolution, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowyn /forum/post/17027568

Presently own a Runco CL420. Actually got it not too long ago.

Beautiful picture, solid unit, just noisy! So much so that my wife says to take it back!

Anyway, stopped by the store today and they said that even though the Epson is nice he figures the pq on the Runco would be better.

So I just thought I'd ask folks opinions here. Should I stick with the Runco (720p) or by a new 6500UB(1080p)?

BTW, I bought the Runco used for $1000.

TIA

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I moved the pj back further from the screen and seating position, we just watched a movie and much better.

So I guess I'll save $2000 and stick with the Runco, love the picture.

Thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowyn /forum/post/17030394

well I moved the pj back further from the screen and seating position, we just watched a movie and much better.

So I guess I'll save $2000 and stick with the Runco, love the picture.

Thanks.

That sounds like a winner, then. Yes, the Runco has a very nice picture. Myself, I just bought a DWIN Transvision 3, which may not even be up to the Runco 420 standards. Even still, I love the picture, and it only cost me $450. I am absolutely loving my decision to save a ton of money and go with the DWIN.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts