AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of some expert guidance. I have a Runco VX1c projector (for about 3 yrs) running 1080i thru the controller's RGB pass-thru port with no problems. HD sat reception has worked great. Bought a Pioneer Elite Blu-ray DVD thinking that I could do the same as before by going through the component to RGB passthru at 1080i. First set-up was to just use a RGB-to-Component breakout cable from the DVD to the projector. It actual looks great, but it appears to loose sync on DVD scenes that flash bright white (high luminous) (explosions, camera flashes, etc) for a brief moment (about a second) then goes to normal. What I mean by "losing sync" is that in that brief moment the picture will display diagonal lines and go partial blank. In this hook-up I did nothing with the HV sync lines. Next I tried putting a Key Digital processor/switcher in between (KD-VPHD2) and hooked up the HV sync, although my understanding the sync lines are for 480p and below. Slightly better picture, but the problem remained. So, is this a problem with the Blu-ray, the projector not being able to handle a high bandwidth signal. Do I need a transcoder to address this issue? I really do not want to replace the projector just to watch 1080i DVDs. Any suggestions anyone? Runco has been of no help, they just say that the projector can not handle 1080p, which is not what I am trying to do. I did try downscaling to 720p and the problem remained. So I sense that the problem is related to sync and component-to-RGB conversion. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Did you try hooking the player to another HD TV? Sounds like a player issue to me. i know sony claims no HD out on components but it still should work at 720P???

Nate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.