AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed this 1280x720 DLP advertised by Runco in the latest HT magazines? I cannot find anything about it on the Runco website. It's paired in the ad with the DL-500 which I guess implies a lower function/lower price.

Jack

·
Registered
657 Posts
I called Runco about the DL-700 about a week ago. They are taking orders for it although it is nowhere near ready for shipping. All that they would tell me about it is that there is not an outboard scaler and the resolution will be 1280x720 like you stated. They don't even have a price point as of yet. If I were to guess I'd say that it'll be around $10k. The DL-500 is priced at $6000.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
The prototype CL700 was at CEDIA uk last week. It's in same sort of housing as the other CL range. It has 2:3 and 2:2 detection built in and all the usual inputs except DVI. It was quiet and the image, for a prototype, was good. Not as good as the VX series playing nearby. I believe they are using a different filters in the colour wheel compared to the VX's. UK price is .....£9000. but the UK price for a VX is £17,000. I think they are hoping to have stock for shipping by US Cedia.

Gordon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.