AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying a G2 adjustment on a Runco DTV-991, which is a rebadged XG75, but I can't follow the normal NEC procedure because the 3151 service code doesn't allow access to the ref. white balance menu. It brings up the "for service personnel only" warning. The 3151 code allows access to everything else one woud expect, however.

Does anyone know how to get access to the ref. white balance menu on this Runco?

-andrew

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Do you have the password enabled?? If not 3151 won't work.

Terry

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, password is enabled, and 3151 does work for almost all the normally-locked-out stuff, just not this one menu entry. My only guess here is that the Runco version of this projector has modified software that further locks down this part for some reason (perhaps a little extortion for when people want to retube?).

-andrew

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Are you a tech qualified to do this ? If so, where are you, as I'm SURE you can get lots of business from NEC owners. If not, are you aware of the ramifications of messing with that area ? Just trying to bring up the prospect of negative consequences when fudging with the NEC reference white balance controls. Its REALLY easy to screw these NEC's up, and REALLY hard to get them back to normal. Best of luck !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I'm not planning on touching the controls myself at this point. (Possibly in the future, but only if I've fully educated myself about the entire system.)

When I initially posted, I did have a qualified tech here working on the projector, but he'd never run into one that required an additional code for the G2 stuff. I was hoping for a response before he left, but unfortunately didn't get one in time, but now I'll have the information for next time he comes by.

We were able to get the white blanace and black level pretty close to correct even without full access to the drive gain controls, so next time he's here, it should need just a tiny touchup, which he is qualified to do.

-andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.