AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI... For those who are interested, Runco recently shipped me an updated PFP-11 with a new firmware update, and they added a new resolution of 1360x768. Although the NEC Native resolution is 1366x768, the only addressible resolution is 1360.

According to Runco, NEC is not the only plasma with this issue.

Hopefully this info will prove helpful to the small few of us that are using the Runco's.

Albeit I'm not as technical as many on this forum, but I can honestly say this update would be worth having Ericbee re-review it.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Absolutely no interest. Unless they redesigned the whole unit, no added resolution will remedy all of the issues that plagued the pfp-11 I tested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ericbee, glad to hear your so objective and unemotional.

There was an "and" in my sentence, which denotes that there was more done than just the new resolution added. I'm waiting for a list of what specifically updated in the new firmware. I'll post it when I get it.

If I don't see any posts, then I'll assume that nobody's interested.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Bret,

I'm curious, so please DO post what they've updated/fixed. I'm not sure I even know what was broken. My PFP-7 on a CRT is problem free as far as I can tell. I'll be getting a new NR to A/B with soon. Then I can do an A/B review using my own equipment.

Thanks,

Bogdan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.