AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an NEC 6PG xtra and am being driven insane by the visibles lines present. I would like to buy a cheap processor to eliminate the lines etc. Would the Runco make a good match and how much roughly would one be worth. How does it compare to the newer processors like the Iscan Pro.

I watch mostly DVD's, LD's and free to air TV. Soon to get HDTV (1080i) :)

Oh yes it needs to do PAL too.

Any help, advice appreciated.....have done a search but nothing to shed any light.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
I have yet to see a Runco but if the key word here is cheap ? there are many older unit's found on E bay.Some of the older but well made Dwin's might be a good choice for you such as the LD-2 line doubler.These generally go for $300-$500 dollars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tom, I'm now considering an IScan Pro for around $500 how would that compare with an LD-2. Are there any pro's/con's with these processors??

Thanks again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jasmine. Can you pm me your contact number here in Melb.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Hi RoyBoy,I,m starting to sound like a Dwin salesman here!I can tell you the Dwin LD-2 was very well made and received very good reviews at least all those I have seen.I found it to be a very good doubler w/on screen menu's and front panel controls and the original list was $3500 I bought it used for much less.It's still alot of bang for the buck at around $500 used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.