AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has experienced problems with a motorized Runco sled. I have a Runco VX-22d with the motorized lens sled. it has worked fine for the 3 years I have had it. Just This Saturday I fired up the projector and all I got was a click. The sled didn't slide into place, as it should have. It has not moved automatically since.

Is there a possible trigger issue? It is very frustrating that after just 3 years a piece of equipment of this caliber malfunctions...of course, out of warranty. I contacted runcos suport dept and basically was told I most likely needed to contact their sales dept as it was out of warranty. I guess I could manually reposition the sled each time . But for a system of this caliber...I really can't settle for anything less than optimum operation.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thx

JR

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
JR,

You could plug another device into the trigger to see if the trigger is working or if you have two triggers on the VX-22 try the other. However, If you do get a click and the sled does not move it is probably not the trigger as the click is in the sled.

I would dismount the sled and carefully and very very slowly try to move the lens. If it will not move the gears or motor could be frozen. if it does move with a little bit of friction then most likely just the motor. You could take the motor out and buy a replacement on-line from any of the electric shops. Try to match numbers, i.e. make model, but make sure to match voltage required and torque if possible.

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
I would suppose you have a sealed environment with such equipment......

Sometimes a little maintenance can go a long ways ie. check gears for obstructions, build up of foreign substances etc........ a good cleaning and lubrication would be my first action for correction. If the drive runs smoothly, quite possible torque is not be transferred from motor to gear drive.......maybe the issue..........if not then check the motor. Small electric motors tend to stress if loads are not within spec.

Do not give up hope...........4 out of 5 times the issue is small and fixable.

·
Registered
680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 /forum/post/20833539

I would suppose you have a sealed environment with such equipment......

Sometimes a little maintenance can go a long ways ie. check gears for obstructions, build up of foreign substances etc........ a good cleaning and lubrication would be my first action for correction. If the drive runs smoothly, quite possible torque is not be transferred from motor to gear drive.......maybe the issue..........if not then check the motor. Small electric motors tend to stress if loads are not within spec.

Do not give up hope...........4 out of 5 times the issue is small and fixable.

+1

Is there any smell around the lens slide motor?

If you have not kept up with maintenance, now is a good time to clean the moving parts such as fans in the projector. I use dust off, but don't fire up projector for a bit, as compressed air contains moisture. And as DW posted above, check the gears, bearing, and lube.

Hope it works out to be a non issue for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.