AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any impressions on value of the $16K Runco DLP solution vs. the current Sharp z9000 at less than half the price (and the new z1000, still over $6K less).

I know the Runco has a great reputation in the HD1 league, but any feelings on the price/performane when compared with the Sharp's? Is the outboard scaler on the Runco worth the extra dollars if one has to add one to the Sharp? Does the z1000's added performace vai HD2 bring it closer to the Runco.

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
The HD2 projectors are superior in all respects to the first generation.

If saving money is more important than picture quality then buy a HD1 based dlp. You can find them heavily discounted.

If you buy the 9000 you will want an outboard scaler anyway unless again savings comes before picture quality.

Regarding comparing Runco to other products please do a search. This question has been asked numerous times and you will find plenty of threads covering this topic.

Ideally you should get a demo of each to determine the self value of each projector. You may prefer one over the other because of an added feature.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alan, I have indeed searched on Runco before posting this question.

My inquiry was more along the lines of evaluating the relative differences betweeen the two products, from the many users who offer valued opinions here. It is clear the 9000 is a fine product and the Runco enjoys a reputation as a premire HD1 DLP solution. I am more interested in picture vs. savings, but there is a point where overall value comes in. My hope ist hatthe z1000 offers a picture inthe league of a Runco, for a more "value". At the same time a z9000 with good outboard scaler comes closer to the Runco price and the picture value meter changes....

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
What about the Runco CL-700? Its HD2, 16:9, and lists for $9,995. Then again, this is probably being rebadged as the Vidikron $10K DLP projector. Sounds interesting either way, and that the competition is getting better between Sharp, SIM2, and Marantz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.