AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wanting to know if anyone is having problems with the Runco VX-1cx dlp projector? I have just installed one in my new media room along with the VHD Controller. After about 15 minutes to 1 hour, 2 super imposed black lines appear on the screen. The controller seemed very hot to the touch so I switched out controllers. There is a small fan in the controller but no vent holes, so I thought the controller was getting overheated. New controller, same problem. After calling Runco, and talking for 1 and 1/2 hours, they could not figure out the problem either. They finally sent a new Projector with controller. Seems to fix the problem for now. The new projector seems brighter and clearer than the old one. Runco finally said they were getting some bad chips. So, if this has happened to anyone else, this is probably your problem. Now maybe I can get through "Terminator 2"

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hopefully Runco is taking very good care of you for the service fee of about $8000 you paid. Most of us here don't have any runco products. They are nice products, but just very expensive. We have found ways to acheive the same picture quality at a fraction of the price. Read on, and you'll see what I mean. Sounds like you had a bum projector, I trust this one will do the trick. I've seen the VX1 and it has a very nice picture, Enjoy!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Steve - where is your dealer in all this? Part of the very high price you pay for Runco products goes to support the dealer. For this added price you should expect excellent service.

Runco claims their products are only sold at the very best of the best brick & mortar stores. In our town the Runco dealer is by far the most expensive shop around. They don't discount, but they do provide excellent service. That's their niche. Your dealer should be working the problem and talking directly to Runco. Reed.

PS - Of course none of this applies if you bought your projector used or thru a third party.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.