AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience on the 8D? Is it a decent projector? What is it worth?

I appreciate any info you can provide. I can't find any reviews or YouTube videos on this thing. I can get one for a few hundred dollars just don't know if it's wirth it.

Thank you

·
Registered
387 Posts
Anyone have any experience on the 8D? Is it a decent projector? What is it worth?

I appreciate any info you can provide. I can't find any reviews or YouTube videos on this thing. I can get one for a few hundred dollars just don't know if it's wirth it.

Thank you
Great projector several years ago. Keep in mind it's 720p and is a 3-chip design. It's a beast of a projector and is built like a tank. Nice optics and good lens shift. I've seen it in action and it puts out a great picture. It may not appear as "needle sharp" as a newer 1080p projector due to the lower resolution and the fact it's a 3-chip design instead of a single chip. Single chip projectors may appear sharper but with the disadvantage of producing rainbows or eye strain due to the color wheel. If you're ok with not having the latest technology and 1080p it's a great projector. Here is a link to its spec sheet.

http://www.runco.com/downloads/spec-sheets/Runco_VX-8d_Specifications_v3.pdf

·
Registered
3,355 Posts

Thank you
If it has some bulb life left, it's worth a few hundred.

·
Registered
516 Posts

Thank you
Did you buy it? What do you think?

I have an opportunity to buy one now, and am very tempted. Nearing the end of the bulb life, but the build quality and image make me think $1000 including a brand new lamp/bulb is appealing. It comes with the processor and the lens I'd need to make it 2.35:1.

I'm several months away from needing it, but this deal might be too good to pass up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.