Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone

I have heard that there are issues with the Runco Vx2c, and I would like some feedback as two what is going on.

I have had 5 of them fail on me. I measured the temperature in the cabinet housing the projector and it is well within its operating limits.

3 of them failed even before the projectors had time to warm up! I dont believe heat is an issue. Our dealer says that there are problems with these projectors but I would like to know what other problems people have had.

Thanks,

F

·
Registered
7 Posts
Powerav...

I have a vx2c installed.

So far I am on the 2nd PJ and 3rd or 4th VIVIX II. Went from serial #10 to roughly #50.

The main problem with the system ended up being a control and firmware problem within the VX2C and/or VIVIX II.

It appears that the firmware gets easily confused if the control system starts to inquire what state the VX2C is in during the early stages of powerup/startup. Once confused it has a problem locking onto the video signal.

RUNCO sent a techiction out for 3 days to work with my integrator until they finally developed control workarounds to eliminate the problem.

So far so good. It has now been over two weeks and the system has not failed again.

Randy

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that. It is highly unusual for Runco to have such problems...especially this many to this few people. How long have you had the projector?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jason...

I will give RUNCO credit, in that, once, they finally took the issue seriously they sent a tech out pretty fast.

Unfortunatly it took two months to get RUNCO's attention which occured only as a result of a couple of well sent email messages.

The good news was that RUNCO tech support was quick to keep sending out replacements for the processor.

However this was also the bad news as this did nothing to resolve the actual problem. One would have thought that after sending a 4th processor somebody would have asked "why do we keep throwing processors at the problem?"

I was at the point of simply sending the RUNCO equipment back, but could not find a good alternative. Way to much money invested for this not to be a bit more bullet proof.

I was losing the WAF.

The RUNCO tech was extremely helpful and was very willing to spend whatever hours it took to determine the actual problem. The first day the tech spent over 16 hours at the house trying to determine the problem along with our integrator.

Now that the syncing problem has been resolved, things are looking up.

Once the color calibration get completed, I am certain that I will be a very satisfied RUNCO consumer. RUNCO offered to complete the calibration with their factory personnel due to all of the startup problems encountered.

Randy

·
Registered
768 Posts
Just curious what projectors you ahve compared it to before you bought? Does it throw a better image than some of the other premium projectors like Quaila or the new Sim C3x, if you've seen it.

Are you running a scope set up? I assume the projector has an ISCO3 lens built into it, is that correct?

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
Interesting. I have six such installations and zero problems (including the one in the showroom). Well, I did have a problem last December; but, it was sorted out to be as a result of serious manhandling of the projector by the shipper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been so busy that I have not had time to scan the site.

To be honest I did not compare RUNCO to any other PJs.

I did compare the VX2c to the 5000i and felt that there was enough of a difference to pay the extra bucks.

Now that the VX2c has been properly calibrated, I feel that I am getting HD quality playback from my DVD library.

The calibration made a huge difference.

My wife really loves the image that the VX2c puts out and finally understands why we bought the VX2C.

Randy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.