1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
246 Posts
I bet your going to be looking at this one, aren't you? Did they give you a price for the VX5000C? I can see the Runco-slammers jumping on this one.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
According to my Runco dealer it should hit the market in about two weeks. He had recommended it to me last week over the vx1000c for my 120" x 65 1/2" screen. Sounds like a great dlp, but at $26,000 list and with the HD2 chips just around the bend, I don't know.......

htomei

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Id love to see it.. But at 26k.. well thats a bit steep.. Thats what I was lookin to spend for my whole Pj/Screen/DVD player/sat reciever/surge package.. If I get bored Ill check it out..

Chris

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If the picture quality is anything like the VX1000C it would be yet another disappointment from the Runco family IMO.

Chris

·
Registered
554 Posts
finally........someone with the brains to offer multpile lens options before you buy! a short, medium and long throw option should be available with all the higher end pjs, imo.

this looks like another beast...size-wise however.

i won't upgrade my vx-1c w/ anamorphic lens until the HD2 chips pj's get mainstream....(mid '03??)

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Chris,

You need to get another demo...the one you saw was obviously not set up correctly (I saw your other post too...). The 1000 I saw looked amazing, no 2 ways about it.

TM

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
anthonymoody..

Here in Toronto there is only Brack's that display these Runco's & it is beyond me how they can even sell just ONE.

I've told the sales people AND the manager that there's something WRONG with the setup otherwise the system (VX1000C) is just plain horrible & they ALL told me that the setup is FINE & can't be displayed any better which leaves me to the other conclusion that it is just plain horrible.

Sorry, I MUST report how I see it & they claim to be experts in this field so the setup is correct according to them...too bad because I'd love to see another demo somewhere else in Toronto.

For the meantime I'll stick by my decision that Runco is at the bottom of my list in PQ & will reconsider it when I see another setup elsewhere.

Cheers

Chris

P.S. Bracks is considered a high end audio & video source here in Toronto FWIW.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Chris Dallas.. could you share with us which PJ you own and why you feel it is the best and why you bought it? thank you.. Ron

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Hi Chris,

Definitely - you saw what you saw, no doubt. Could you describe what specific problems you noticed with it? Maybe that'll help reveal where Barcks is going wrong...

TM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.