AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1521075/runner-runner/0_50#post_24441399


I'm going to give this a go tonight. It stars Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake. Hopefully it turns out ok.
Ok is about the best compliment for this one
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1  /t/1521075/runner-runner#post_24444966


^^^ that was the greatest 3 post I've read


But thanks for taking one for the team

No problems
but honestly do not waste your time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,400 Posts
It is pretty bad but would be even worse without Ben Affleck. Gemma Arterton and Justin Timberlake just can't carry a movie on their own. This should really be in the BR software section. Not that there is much to discuss.


Hint to moderator: No reason to have moved it here because it has been available on BR for over a month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Yes in agreement here also, for me the worst violation was not so much the whole movie but the acting alone is what killed it for me. It was just so weird, it was like as though Affleck & JT both intentionally gave a piss poor sad attempt to playing their characters.


I seriously have no clue how can Ben go from Argo or The Town to this,.. is the million dollar question. You have to surmise they did it as a personal favor for someone but decided to do a half ass job perhaps out of spite or some reason we don't know. There is just no way someone like Ben with his experience can do something this bad unless it was on purpose, no way. You can watch Dazed & Confused again and see that even way, way back then a century ago when he was a newbie his performance was still better than what he put out in Runner.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,031 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fookoo_2010  /t/1521075/runner-runner/0_50#post_24449078


It is pretty bad but would be even worse without Ben Affleck. Gemma Arterton and Justin Timberlake just can't carry a movie on their own. This should really be in the BR software section. Not that there is much to discuss.


Hint to moderator: No reason to have moved it here because it has been available on BR for over a month.
Hint to not-the-moderator he mentioned nothing about the BD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper  /t/1521075/runner-runner#post_24450492


Hint to not-the-moderator he mentioned nothing about the BD.

So you think that the initial poster actually went out to see the movie a couple of nights ago? And didn't just watch the BR?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67  /t/1521075/runner-runner#post_24450282



I seriously have no clue how can Ben go from Argo or The Town to this,.. is the million dollar question.

Sooner or later everybody has to take a ****.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fookoo_2010  /t/1521075/runner-runner#post_24450507


So you think that the initial poster actually went out to see the movie a couple of nights ago? And didn't just watch the BR?

I have to agree with Larry here... Nothing about the Blu-ray per se was mentioned. In the BR software forum, you have to include words like EE, DNR, ghosting, bitrate, "vote with your wallet" or "I don't trust Peter Jackson anymore"... If you don't your thread ends up here
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tack

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67  /t/1521075/runner-runner#post_24450282


I seriously have no clue how can Ben go from Argo or The Town to this,.. is the million dollar question.

Two movies he directed by the way. Well maybe Runner Runner looked better on paper... By the way his next film (only as an actor) is directed by David Fincher, and co-starring the perfectly curved Rosamund Pike, which is always a plus
...I'm very much looking forward to it. Which will be followed by this little Batman/Superman indie thing...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo  /t/1521075/runner-runner/0_60#post_24450716


I have to agree with Larry here... Nothing about the Blu-ray per se was mentioned. In the BR software forum, you have to include words like EE, DNR, ghosting, bitrate, "vote with your wallet" or "I don't trust Peter Jackson anymore"...
LOL, so true.


This thread is for MOVIE CONTENT (if I'm wrong Larry, please correct me).

Because I rarely venture out to my local cineplex, when I do a "review" it is almost always based on a DVD or BD or HDTV presentation I have seen.


Usually, I will put in a sentence about the AV quality, but I don't go much further than that.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top