AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im using a Denon AVR-985 in my downstairs theater. there is a door leading to a patio directly outside that room. i have some outside speakers hanging and i have them connected to the 985 hooked up to the SB/zone2. is there any way to run the outside speakers without having the main zone speakers inside on? i want to turn the volume up outside, but it also turns the volume way up inside. do i need to hook another amp up from the pre-amp on the 985 and run the outside speakers off the 2nd amp?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Just curious if you ever figured this out. I'm having the same issue. I put the AVR 985 in a recent addition to my house and have outdoor speakers I'd like to use.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
92,556 Posts
Not the OP as he made that post over 4 years ago. I'm simply answering your question for you. With a 5.1 setup in the main zone, the SURR BACK/Zone 2 speaker posts can be used to connect and power a set of stereo speakers for either Surround Back to expand to 7.1 in the main zone or for Zone 2. If you have a 7.1 in the main zone, then you would need another amp to power the Zone 2 speakers via the Zone 2 pre-outs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts