Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm getting close to finishing my basement and HT area. I've decided to drywall my ceiling area instead of using a drop ceiling application, my wife thought it looked nicer :)

Anyway, my AV equipment will be over on one of the side walls in a built in area. I am trying to figure out how to run my Componant/DVI cables to my Sanyo Z2 front projector. I decided not to route them above the ceiling, in the event technology changes or if I ever need to change to a differant cable. So I'm trying to come up with a solution to route them along the ceiling over the the projector in some type of enclosed channel system that I can access in the future. I thought about making something out of wood and staining it to match the trim in the room. I've also read up on the Raceways that Cableorganizer offers in a white poly material, which probably would look ok next to a white ceiling, and they appear to be latching so you can access the cables if needed.

Just looking for any ideas you all may have...thanks Randy

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used the raceways and they worked fine. I painted them to match the wall and ceiling. I've used them in 2 different rooms and the passed the wife's aesthetics test.

Good luck,

Steve

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you haven't already, consider running one or more large diameter electrical conduits through the wall/celing. That way, everything is concealed, but you still have the option of changing out cables if necessary.

James

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can the raceways be found locally, or do you have to purchase direct?

It appears they come in 5' lengths and have accessories:corners, etc...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Even Home Depot carries cable raceways in their electrical department. They have a couple different styles and can be painted if you don't like white.

..Doyle

·
Registered
8 Posts
James- In regards to using electrical conduit, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe 2" PVC grey conduit to allow for different cables? How would you transition from the end of the pipe neatly into the room with good seals from the attic/pests?

Eric

·
Registered
760 Posts
EMM - you might want to consider the caps that desks have for cable management. They are circular and have only a small gap to run cables through.

More advanced you can probably cut a piece of rubber to fit the gap and make a couple cuts in it so that they become flaps.

Remember to leave something in there to guide new cables with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.