AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Denon AVR3200 receiver for my home theater needs and I've been incredibly happy with it .... that is, until I installed the Dish 6000 system this week.

I now find myself in a situation of running out of dolby digital inputs. The 3200 has one coax, one optical input and one set of 6ch inputs -- all three of them have been used up as follows.

coax in

·
Registered
469 Posts
JVC 8 X 5 Optical Digital Audio/Video Selector Model no. JX-S777. Includes Remote Control 8 inputs/5 outputs, 3 digital in/out terminals includes DV (i link) 3 component video and optical digital audio connectors. 2 optical and 3 digital video inputs. Here is the bad news: MSRP is $999.00. You might opt for a new Reciever upon hearing this. As a dealer, I can get it for alot less, however.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek: :eek: OUCH !!!!! :eek: :eek:

That is some serious money for a simple input switch !!

Oh well, is there any other alternative. Or is there atleast an way to convert Optical input to a Coax input ?? I will sacrifice the CD input in favor of the Dish 6000.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dug around a little bit more and found a couple of other products. I am listing them here for some other poor soul who finds himself in a similar predicament.

1. Sony Optical Digital Selector

3 optical in, manual switching;

$169
http://www.smarthome.com/8293.html

2. Audio authority Selector switch

4 optical, 4 coax in; 1 coax, 1 optical out; automatic/manual switching

$135.99
http://www.smarthome.com/77707.html

I am really excited about #2 above. Does anybody have any experience with those AudioAuthority switches ??

·
Registered
360 Posts
Rish,

I too have the Denon 3200 and I found the sound quality to be HORRIBLE when I used the digital inputs for CD listening. Now I tried using my DVD player as the source though. I am using a Sony CA70ES CD changer thru the analog inputs and I LOVE the sound this way. Have you tried going this way?

CD: Analog

DVD: Co-Axil

DSS: Optical

Would this be an option for you?

Michael

p.s. You could always upgrade to the AVR4802 and get more inputs! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.