AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the new Rush hour Special Edition movies??? It says that they are newly remastered in audio and video. I wanted to know if it was worth the upgrade to snag these. I saw them at WM for less than 10 bones and wanted to see if the remastered editions were a step above the original releases (which had some pretty washed out colors.)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhan /forum/post/0

Isn't the Infinifilms version of RH2 basically an SE? I don't know how much they can improve on that one. I haven't watched it in a long time so I could be wrong.

Well, I was less worried about Special features and more about the remastered video and audio.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I picked up the Rush Hour 2 Special Edition a couple weeks ago. Only the picture is remastered, as the audio tracks were top notch to begin with. I tried doing some side by side comparisons with the older RH2 DVD on my computer, and the new DVD does look slightly better. Also, the total size of the movie VOB files is larger than on the old DVD.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozobuttz /forum/post/0

I picked up the Rush Hour 2 Special Edition a couple weeks ago. Only the picture is remastered, as the audio tracks were top notch to begin with. I tried doing some side by side comparisons with the older RH2 DVD on my computer, and the new DVD does look slightly better. Also, the total size of the movie VOB files is larger than on the old DVD.

ahhh, sounds like it really isn't worth the upgrade then. Well, come on New Line starting doing some HD stuff

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
Why would one want to buy either of these films, let alone double-dip?

If the special edition includes re-dubs of all chris tucker's lines with somebody who doesn't have such an annoying voice, then maybe there might be redeeming value to these movies...

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles /forum/post/0

Why would one want to buy either of these films, let alone double-dip?

If the special edition includes re-dubs of all chris tucker's lines with somebody who doesn't have such an annoying voice, then maybe there might be redeeming value to these movies...

Different tastes my friend, different tastes. I personally love both of them alot. Good mindless Karate fun.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
First one was good fun. Liked it a lot. Second one had some moments, but was so so. Third one? Not seeing it, likely.

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
They're great popcorn movies (1 & 2), that's for sure. Just saw III tonight, and it definitely suffers from the dreaded can't have a perfect trilogy-syndrome. Feels very rushed and uneven.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy /forum/post/11282924

They're great popcorn movies (1 & 2), that's for sure. Just saw III tonight, and it definitely suffers from the dreaded can't have a perfect trilogy-syndrome. Feels very rushed and uneven.

3 was ok. I had a few laughs but just like Bourne if you seen one youve seen them all pretty much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.