AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed 2 new CA-KP2 selector switches in my system and neither work. The previous switches are part number 983502165 and I am not sure they are Russound. They have the old style screw connectors for the cat5 wiring. the new CA-KP2 switches are punch down with the wiring colors identified. The symptoms for the 2 non-working selectors are as follows:

1. The receiver shows (green lights) that the room selector units are turned on

2. It doesn't matter whether I turn the selectors on or off, the receiver still shows them as on.

3. One selector shows a green light on the CD source.

4. One selector does not show anything.

5. No sound at all from the speakers

I know this sounds like the cat5 wires are incorrectly installed. I did a substitution with a good working original selector from a working part of the house and all is well after the substitution. This suggests that wires are good from receiver to wall. The original selector does NOT have color code guidance on the selector. I may in fact have the wires installed wrong but that would be because the Russound receiver and the original selectors have a different color scheme than the CA-KP2. Does that make sense?

The question is, "How can I verify the cat5 color scheme from receiver to CA-KP2?"

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Tony, welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Did you look at the manual for the CA-KP2?

http://www.russound.com/pdf/MANUALS/...esmanualR6.pdf

It lays out the wiring combinations on pages 8 & 9 for both the kaypad and the receiver. In the document library, Russound does have obsolete manuals; if you suspect that the wiring changed from a previous version of the receiver, you could check there as well (requires registration).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.