AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I currently have in place a Russound CAV6.6 with the ST-2 Sirius Receiver and 6 ST-UN0-S2 keypads in 6 rooms.

So ... couple questions. Is the CAV6.6 being discountined by Russound ? I do not see it on the website any longer ?

Also, I kinda like the new MCA-C5 (of course, it is newer ;-). Is there anyone out there that has upgraded to the MCA-C5 from the CAV6.6 ? Like to just change out the keypads and equipment and keep the wiring intact.

Any chance of a trade-in program through Russound to do these types of upgrades ?

Thanks all,

Mike

·
Registered
277 Posts
I replaced my speakercraft system with the MCA-C5. Its the same Cat5 wiring to the keypads and the C5 has a 40 watt amp or you can use line level and use the same amp you probably already have. The Cat5 for the keypads is regualr B style wiring for hte keypads with a RJ45 plug on the end. An easy crimp job.

Good luck.

Neil

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
hey just curious, but how do you like the change? would you recommend the russound mca over speakercraft?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.