AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the most straightforward question, but here goes. I've got a Russound CAM6.6 in my basement along with 2 DirectTV satellite receivers going through a Video Storm Matrix switch. The video and audio is going via cat5 baluns to the upstairs. In one room I have a Samsung TV that is getting the audio and video just fine. However, when I turn on the Russound keypad for that zone using the same satellite receiver as the source, I get an echo effect in the room if the TV volume is up. I can't really tell which signal is behind the other. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The TV audio is likely delayed to sync with the video due to the time it takes to process the video signal. A/V receivers have an adjustable audio delay to compensate for this (usually around 20-30ms) but your Russound likely does not.

To correct this you either need to run the audio through a receiver with an adjustable audio delay, or use a lip sync delay box such as one of these http://www.audaud.com/article.php?ArticleID=3011 . The boxes are almost as expensive as a cheap receiver so which to use is your choice.

Or just don't have the TV and Russound sound on at the same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts