AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably going to purchase a Russound system soon for audio distribution only at my home, and had a few questions regarding the components.

1. Can anyone tell me briefly the differences between CAA6 and CAM6 amplifiers? Right now the only difference I'm aware of is the different keypad choices.

2. On the CAM6 there are fixed/variable switches on Zones 1&2, but not on 3-6. Does this mean zones 3-6 are set at a fixed volume, and you are unable to control it at the keypad?

3. Is it possible to use the RNET interface with a desktop PC located upstairs from the media closet housing the Russound? What wiring would you need to run if so?

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I called Russound and they were more than helpful. Someone on here had written you got no tech support with them, but the guy there was great for me. From what I understand now, the major difference between CAM6 and CAA66 is no RNET for the CAA66. The RNET only allows you to communicate with other Russound devices. So I would only be able to look at info for a Russound tuner on my keypad, but not say, an Apple TV device. I'm not sure if that's worth it for me.

Are there any other devices you can view information at the keypad for other than the Russound tuner (FM or XM), and your ipod if you use their docking port?

·
Registered
562 Posts
CasaTunes software is a great way to integrate the Russound RNET systems to a PC. It allows metadata feedback on the Russound keypads as well as control from them.

You'll need to have a serial connection between PC and the Russound controller.

http://casatunes.com/software/software-v2-5.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts