AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a pair of Russound CAM6.6s with both Uno-S2 and Uno-TS2 control panels installed. I have a SRC2 remote control. If I try to use it to control a S2 panel, no prob. If I try to use it to control a TS2 control, problems. I can turn the TS2 on from across the room. But that's it. When I push a button on the controller, I see the little blinking led just above the screen on the TS2, so it seems that it is seeing the signal. But no mute, no vol control nothing. Until I get within about 3 feet. Then it all works. I have replaced the batteries in the remote 2 times. And like I said, everything works on the S2 keypads. Of course, the room I want to use the remote in has a TS2 pad.

Anyone have any ideas? I updated the programming when I installed the system about 8 months ago. This is a DIY job, but I bought the update cable and updated everything. I am running 2 ipods on the system with the TS2s working flawlessly. But this error I don't get.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Slider5150

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a plasma tv present in the same room? This can interfere with ir control. The control for the keypad works ok but any equipment that you are trying to control may have problems. Need a plasma friendly keypad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There isn't a plasma device in the room. It is my office, so the only display is my ViewSonic monitor, and to my knowledge, Viewsonic doesn't make plasma. I have tested it on another TS2 in another room with an LCD tv, and had the same results. Thanks for the thought though! Any other ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The part that confuses me the most is the fact that the remote will turn on the keypad from my desk, but I can't even turn it off. But the little red light on the keypad above the display lights every time I press a button, which seems to me to indicate that the device is at least seeing the signal.

So I covered the motion detector in the room, and that didn't make a difference. Then I covered the screen on the keypad. Again, works from 3 feet, but any more, and I can only turn it on.

huh??? lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a TS2 in my kitchen (no TV's) with S1 keypads in the rest of the house. I have never used the remote in the kitchen but I figured I would give it a shot. Mine has the exact same problem. I can turn on the TS2 from far away but once its on, it only works from 3'. I am pretty surprised because I can hit my S1 keypad from 15' away and I have to bounce the signal off the door and it works every time.

I have a Universal MX-850 remote that has Russound programming in it for my living room, it also only works from 3' away as well. It seems to be a design flaw with the TS2 which is a bummer considering how expensive it is. I know it has a hookup for an external IR receiver not sure if that is an option for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply scameron81. Well, I guess it is nice to know I am not the only one with this problem. Maybe the external IR receiver is the answer. When you shot at your TS2 from more than 3 feet did you see the little red light blinking as if it was receiving the signal as well? Just curious.

IR receiver is an idea. If that would do it and isn't too expensive, I would make it work.

Anyone else have any other ideas for the fix?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts