AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Wow, this is a very very nice presentation, I am impressed to say the least! You do not give yourself enough credit for how well you can take screenshots, Bob. The subject matter alone is outstanding.

It is probably a day late and a dollar short now, but what would have been most interesting and informative for me would be screenshots of the dual shootoff you described with your Ampro and HT1000 above and below each other. Do you still have that 3600 on the ceiling by chance?

And were these pictures taken in a totally dark room? Thanks for your effort here, it was a pleasure, very enjoyable to view. That little sucker really does work.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Hmm. Bob likes his digitals now (well, the HT1000), yet refers to its AVS forum as "the inferior projector forum".

I guess we all know where his heart really lies now. :)

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Bob, do you know what screen he used? Any close up shots? :)

Troy

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sarcasm was not the right word, spearce. I apologize for that.

"Tongue in Cheek" is more appropriate. :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertWood
Bob,

I've tried to take screenshots but I just can't get my Sony Cybershot to deliver.

Bob
Just make sure the flash is turned off, then point and shoot. Thats all there is to it. And it also helps to hold the camera as still as possible. Try it and you will surely get a satisfactory result.

Here is a screenshot I took from a very cheap digital camera of my low end Barco 800. Its not perfect but it does a good job of showing the picture the way it really looks as it is projected. If I can do it, you should be able to do it:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...610&fullpage=1

And if your camera shot falls short of perfection its no big deal because we are still going to get a lot of info out of it based on the fact that both of your projectors are shot by the same photography at exactly the same moment. Go ahead and give it a try, whats to lose?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Perhaps you could put it on a table under the HT1000?

Whats going to happen to the 3600 now? Is it destined for ebay?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertWood
Bob,

You still haven't told me which you think is Paul Fuller's best work?

Bob
All of his work is brilliant IMO. Very hard for me to rank them because they all look so beautiful to my eyes. You would never find such craftmanship anywhere nowdays.

If I had to choose though, I think I would probably pick your 850. That polorized peacock is something else.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wish that example was mine. I had three. But none were cherry like that one. Wish I had kept one though.

If any artist was never recognized for his exceptional talent, Fuller had to be it.

His creations were without a doubt the pinnacle of American industrial art.

We'll never see anything like it again.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for those pics, Tom.

For you CRT guys who never visit the digital forum, Tom is the world's number one fan of the HT1000.

Bob

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Yep, HT1000 king!

Nice little toy 5lbs pack it up in it's case and take it over to your friends house.

For CRT I'll turn on the 65H80, both displays are running an equal grayscale.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.