AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I connected my rx v 671 with my LED....now each time tv starting in information..I see 1920*1080 50p...there is no option in 671 to change hdmi output to 60p...my TV does support 60p...so how can I get 1920*1080 60p output....(I am coonecting 671 and LED by high speed HDMI which does support 60hz)

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Are you playing a European "PAL" video disc? Or watching a European TV station?

The refresh rate normally would be determined by the incoming video signal, not the receiver, although I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the European receiver models default to 50Hz.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when I connect my HD set top box..it output 50i..thats ok..because HD set top max output is 50i..but when I play USB song via 671..the reciver HDMI output..is showing 50p...I will check by connection bluray player and set it to 60p later..

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Receivers, unlike dedicated video processors or some players, don't usually frame convert. If the source is 50i you don't want to frame convert to 60i/p just because your TV can handle it. There's no benefit at all and possibly judder artefacts. Play a NTSC DVD or 60i Blu-ray and the receiver should output 60i/p. Keep the frame rate the same and leave it alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts