AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of setting up the RX-A1000, I'm noticing a major difference in volume levels based the input. For example; while using the tuner 46 db's puts out a decent volume level. However, when switching over to BD/DVD input I need to go all the way to 18 db's to get a good volume level. I'm still working my way throught the manual, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Sounds normal. FM radio is highly compressed so it does not surprise me.

Even shows played from the same TV box can vary a lot. Old movies will require volume to be turned up quite a bit in my experience. Some movies are mixed quieter.

There is not really a standard, and DD dialnorm does not really solve the problem.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclane_re /forum/post/19596311

Thanks for the info, next thing I'm trying to figure out is why a little more than half the time when I turn the receiver on I don't have sound.

Sometimes HDMI takes a few seconds to sync up audio. But if this problem is not HDMI related, that does not sound normal. And devices like game consoles don't have that sync issues in my experience. TV/DVRs are the usual culprit for sync issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts