AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New poster here. I am in the process of buying a new receiver and I think I have narrowed it down to these two units. I can get both of these receivers for the same price thru my job so price is not a factor but what is a factor is sound quality and performance. I will be using it with Klipsch reference towers (rf-62 fronts, matching center and reference rear speakers). Equipment will be Pioneer Pro-111, Tivo Premiere, PS3, Vudu, DMP-BD85 and HD-A1 HD DVD player. From the list of equipment you can probably tell I do lots of movie watching but I would probably say I use my system 30% of the time for music. I usually stream Pandora Radio thru my blu ray player or Tivo. I will also be powering a set of outdoor speakers. I work at a Best Buy Magnolia store and was able to demo the SR6005 vs the RX-a1000 and really liked the sound of both with a slight edge going to the Yamaha only due to when I put the receivers in two channel stereo which is what I use for music the Yamaha still allowed the subwoofer to be active. My question is was I doing something wrong on the Marantz and is there a setting for the sub to be active during two channel stereo mode? HD radio will be available in both receivers which is a must but I wanted opinions on what you guys think as well. I dont think I can make a bad decision between these two but any input you can give will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts