AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all , i own my yam rx-a1010 since like 8 month now , love it so far sound good and nice output , paired with my monitor 11 v7 i am really happy !!!

yesterday a friend of mine sold me 2 floor standing speaker he had since a few years he never used ... the Brand is SoundStage ( made in quebec ) the box have 2 way speaker , 1 woofer 5.1/2 inche and a tweeter... he also gaved me a Old Quest amp qsr5000 ( old HT amp with only s video in as video input )

i decided to use this in my computer room , so i hoocked my optical from my pc to this Avr and try it up !

and than something wierd happens , i discovered some dry guitar note i can barely understand in the living room , on my big system ...

so i was like WTF !?!?!?! first i tough the tweeter quality of those little floorspeaker was higher quality than my paradigm !? SO i decided to bring my monitor 11 into the pc room and hoocked it up to that Old AVR , and suddenly my monitor 11 started to play those guitar sound i can barely hears with the rx-a1010 !?

than i did the opposite , took the SoundStage speaker and used them on the rx-a1010 , and bye bye the detailed guitar sound ...

any tought !?

Sry broken english !

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
So, you're saying that you hooked up a new system in your computer room, and the audio on your living room system went to crap without changing anything??

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i bring my paradigm monitor 11 into the pc room , and i hook them up on the Old Quest qsr5000 amp , the guitar and all the high note sound amasing and detailed ... when i bring them back to the Yamaha rxa1010 , its gone ... and if I bring the new little speaker to the rxa1010 , its gone ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts