AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - new posting to these forums, but I've been reading quite a few threads. I haven't gotten an answer to this yet, and this is after speaking with a few people (Cruchfield and elsewhere): With the A3020, are you able to watch audio with separate video in the same zone simply through the receiver? I know there are cheaper workarounds by plugging your audio directly into your TV, but I'd like to avoid doing that.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
In general, no. HDMI, which carries audio and video in the same cable killed this feature in AV receivers. The RX-A3020 lets you select a different video source when using internal audio sources like the tuner or the network module. You can also use various workarounds like reassigning the optical/coaxial inputs, connecting the video source directly to the TV or the audio source to the same input as the the video source. Some other manufacturers give you more flexibility, but no AV receiver will let you listen to the audio from one HDMI source and the video from another HDMI source in the same zone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts