AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Yamaha RX-V2400. I would like to be able to watch one video source while listening to the audio from another video source. The manual (page 31) describes how to watch a video source while listening to an audio-only source (CD, tape,tuner) but not how to listen to the audio from a different video source. Does anybody know if this is possible?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Gordo,you can go in the setup menu and reassign one of the digital audio inputs to the video you want to view.Ive got the 1400 and that appears to be the only way to do this...

Lee

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
There are several ways

1. Run a second set of audio from video source two, to an audio hookup.

2. If one is digital and one is analog, you can hook one up to digital, and the other analog on the same input. Then hit the "Source/Input mode" button to cycle through the auto/digital/analog inputs.

3. You can also do coax & fiber optic digital at the same time. Coax will always receive priority if it is found. (Make second source coax digital and turn it on when you want to listen to it.)

4. Reassign the inputs from the menu as suggested (although this is a pain to keep reassigning them.)

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
According to my user's manual, the video and audio switching can be seperated for complete flexibility. Haven't tried it yet since my 1400 has not been fully connected yet. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.