AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just setting up my RX-V2400 for the first time - so please excuse me if the answer to this one is obvious.

I will have a 5.1 speaker setup (coming real soon now (on order with Paradigm for about 5 weeks now).

I am running all the various video and audio sources into the AMP. I have the TV connected to the Monitor Out (SVideo).

I have turned on the Amp, selected the source I want and it works fine - however I haven't worked out where the TV Speakers should be connected (I just did a shortcut lead from Directv till I work it out).

Sometimes it may be OK to just use the TV built in speakers, rather than always use the 5.1 setup. Can I do this? In this case where would I get audio for the TV? Is e.g. the DVR#2 Out audio always active - and could I use that?

[I am wondering whether I am missing something obvious here - or maybe it isn't supposed to work this way ???]

Thanks

MIke

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know exactly what you are trying to do. I ran audio L/R and S-video directly from my digital cable box into my 1400 and of course the component monitor out to my TV. However, when I don't want to use the sound system for whatever reason (late night), I ran the coax from the box directly into the TV and get the A/V signal that way. DVDs I prefer to always use the sound system so no shortcut here. If it is important to you, you can always run the optical or coax into the receiver while running stereo L/R and composite into another input on your TV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.