AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, is there anyone out there that actually has "experience" with the new 4600 that could compare the 4600's new "updated amp section" to the likes of something even like the 635 or 3805, heck maybe even a 4806 or so on.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody? I always hear of the "current limit" limit this and that of the cheaper yamaha's. But is it at least as good as a 635 or 3805? on paper it surely seems like it is, heck it should be in the same league of the at least the 4306.

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
The 4600 is an excellant AVR..

But the primary question is How does it sound to you?

My suggestion would be for you to go and audition this with your speakers..

Then decide..

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is exactly what I am waiting to do. 4600 is on the way to the dealer, then me. About 2 weeks; You see, I got the nad, see sig, and I wasn't impressed with it's sound and had to EQ it to get anything close to what I was looking for. Since the store also deals with Yamaha's, I decided to give it a try before settling with the NAD.

The NAD has nice power for sure, and it stays perfectly cool even after hours of listening even with my Axiom's.

Qusetion is, how is the Yamaha going to compare to the NAD and am I crazy for even trying it. With the original question, Iwas trying to get an idea of where the 4600 stands in relation to other amps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.