AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my RXV-2500 for some years now and it's been a great performer- never a hiccup. Now, I've been thrown a curve and I'm having some major trouble diagnosing if it is the pre-amp or new BR player (Sony S550). Long story short, I can't seem to get my LFE and center working via the analog inputs. I've tried everything that I can think of in settings on both the player and on the RXV to no avail. I REALLY don't want to go out to buy another receiver/pre, especially since I really DO use the presence speakers which essentially forces my hand into a pretty decent sized purchase. Any thoughts on what to do or what settings I can check or re-check?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Hmrz. Do you have any other type of player, DVD, whatever, that has mch analog outs? Try that if you do. if that works fine, you know its something with the bdp.

Please be aware that your bass mgmt is happening in the player.

Ah. Sony. The audio output must be decided in the player, as it doesn't shotgun different outputs simultaneously. Then you have to make sure you choose the correct format on the BD itself. (A few default to stereo).

Make sure sub is set to on, apply desired xovers, all in the player.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions- I'm trying to figure out anything else that I can test with- may have to go borrow something. I've tried your ideas to no avail. Spent about 3 hours on this one today and I'd consider myself to be pretty stout in A/V networking. This one has me stumped. Got a sinking feeling that it's the AVR...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.