AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13  /t/1418943/ryan-reynolds-may-be-the-new-batman#post_22194606

I can't think of a less-intense persona to take up the cape and cowl
RR can pull it off, but he seems to be linked with EVERY future Superhero role...

Batman is too big a franchise to trust to an Unknown.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why don't they add Daniel Craig as Robin while they're at it? (But only if they let him keep his English accent for the role.)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ridiculous! They have perfection right now with the Dark Knight films. RR is not Batman...heck, he wasn't even the Green Lantern as far as I'm concerned!

·
Registered
21,209 Posts
Ryan Reynolds? Batman! I can't contemplate this proposition for long, for this way lies madness.

·
Banned
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Folks, please ignore this. Looking back and more closely at the article, I just noticed the date...April 1, 2012! (Breathing a sigh of relief!)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I agree that Reynolds did all that he could with what he had to work with in Green Lantern so I don't hold anything against him for that. And I do believe he can carry a superhero persona as I was intrigued at the idea of him portraying Deadpool. But you first lose me at selling him as a billionaire playboy. The son, even brat of wealthy parents is something he can pull off but heir to the Wayne Estate? That's tough for me. Having said that, it was tough for me to buy into Michael Keaton, which IMO worked out very well. To me, they'd almost have to go back to that Burton type comedic formula, which could either be refreshing or a disaster. Wow.....never would have seen this coming.

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13  /t/1418943/ryan-reynolds-may-be-the-new-batman#post_22195161

Folks, please ignore this. Looking back and more closely at the article, I just noticed the date...April 1, 2012! (Breathing a sigh of relief!)

Thank god.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1418943/ryan-reynolds-may-be-the-new-batman#post_22195293

Thank god.
No kidding, RR has ruined every movie he has ever been in. I can't figure out why he keeps getting tossed into movies. I literally won't watch safe house because he is in it. He'll just irritate me for an hour. I watched about 20 minutes of green lantern ... UGHHH. He was horrible in the Blade sequel. His version of the comic relief role was movie hell. I could go on ... but lets hope this is indeed a 4/1 joke.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCecil  /t/1418943/ryan-reynolds-may-be-the-new-batman#post_22195385

He was horrible in the Blade sequel. His version of the comic relief role was movie hell.
He can't be blamed for that....blame the writers.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Keanu reeves is the best choice for batman. He's got the aloof personality, the dark facial features, the right lower face jawline for the mask, the tall physique ...now this is the real Batman.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67  /t/1418943/ryan-reynolds-may-be-the-new-batman#post_22196375

Keanu reeves is the best choice for batman. He's got the aloof personality, the dark facial features, the right lower face jawline for the mask, the tall physique ...now this is the real Batman.

You must be located among the many suffering from the heat wave and suffering yourself.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67  /t/1418943/ryan-reynolds-may-be-the-new-batman#post_22196375

Interesting thought.....

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCecil  /t/1418943/ryan-reynolds-may-be-the-new-batman#post_22195385

I literally won't watch safe house because he is in it. He'll just irritate me for an hour.

That's your loss then cause he's very good in Safe House.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo  /t/1418943/ryan-reynolds-may-be-the-new-batman#post_22196481

That's your loss then cause he's very good in Safe House.
I am not a hater of RR.

He has been effective in quite a few movies, but he does seem to have a limited range of roles he can take on.

·
Registered
10,435 Posts
He was so out of his usual character, and what I thought was a great performance by him, in Buried. Like the movie or not, and I did, I think I was the only one on AVS, he was excellent.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens  /t/1418943/ryan-reynolds-may-be-the-new-batman#post_22196515

He was so out of his usual character, and what I thought was a great performance by him, in Buried. Like the movie or not, and I did, I think I was the only one on AVS, he was excellent.
I didn't think he was bad in GL.

Although some of GL didn't works too well, I did kinda like the whole off-world aspect to the movie.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Well I liked him in The Proposal lol - wait...scratch that... it's Sandra, I love Sandra!

1 - 20 of 187 Posts