AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've got my whole system (Denon 4310 & B&W XT8's, FPM2's and XTC) except for my sub.

I've got a very large room (18' x 18' with 18' cathedral ceilings, and the room is open to the kitchen behind it).

Despite the large room, I have limited space for the sub, so I think I am relegated to a sealed design. I think I've narrowed my choices down to either the Rythmik D15SE or the Hsu ULS-15. Tough to compare the two from the info on their websites, including the different power rating systems (370W RMS for the Rythmic vs. 1,000W short term RMS for the Hsu?).

Any help with the pros/cons of the two subs???

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One other note, I really do not have a corner that I can put the sub in either (I have built in cabinets and french doors that take most of my wall space and also a half wall along one side of the room that is partly open to a foyer/staircase). I will be lucky if I can just get the sub against a portion of a solid wall.

Does the lack of a corner make a bottom firing sub (Rythmik) any better than a side firing sub (Hsu) considering my room situation???

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Between those two, I'd have to go with the ULS for output. The Epik Empire might be worth a look. Is there any reason why you aren't considering any ported designs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts