AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Since there is an actual comparison going on between the SVS and Rythmik subs I am really interested in the impressions that come for some quality listening time. I bought the SVS SB13 Ultra right after they hit the market. All I can say is that I am a fan. I upgraded from a Def Tech Supercube I and it was a big leap forward. I have the piano black finish and it is a sharp looking beast. So, I can't give you a comparison only a testimony that I have found the SB13 Ultra to be a great sub. I have played with buying a 2nd one...I am always on the hunt for better sound!

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys  /t/1471574/rythmik-e15-vs-svs-sb13-ultra/60#post_23301299

I guest you are no longer a 'budget man'
. If you plan to keep the Rythmik, you don't lose anything returning the SVS if they still offer free return shipment.

Yea, I dropped the 'budget' moniker a while ago. It was based upon the level of subs I was reviewing, but since the money meter started going up I didn't think it was valid any longer. I still review budget subs -- like the NXG NX-BAS-500 I posted a few weeks back -- but those costing less than $500 are fewer and fewer it seems.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Still interested in your final choice Jim. But, alas, I've already made my own choice... the F15HP in the classifieds was too good of a deal to pass up. I figured for less than half the price of the SB13U, I'll deal with the size and put it in the nearby storage closet when we have non-appreciative guests. After all, I could use the exercise

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,764 Posts
I actually had to slide them both off to the side in order to finish a few reviews that I need to get done. Once I get through the backlog I'll start evaluating them again in earnest. If one turns out to be a clear favorite for me then keep your eyes peeled for a good deal on the other one...

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
I actually had to slide them both off to the side in order to finish a few reviews that I need to get done. Once I get through the backlog I'll start evaluating them again in earnest. If one turns out to be a clear favorite for me then keep your eyes peeled for a good deal on the other one...

That’s going to be a very interesting review Jim.. looking forward to it.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn  /t/1471574/rythmik-e15-vs-svs-sb13-ultra/60#post_23339422

That’s going to be a very interesting review Jim.. looking forward to it.

For these subs I'm actually not planning on a review - it's for my own personal HT system.

Acoustic suspension has always been better suited for me, and because my room is not terribly large I wanted a (relatively) small sub. After looking at what I considered the best viable options the E15HP and SB13U floated to the top of the list, with no clear favorite though. Since they each seemed to have an advantage/ability the other didn't I opted to pick up both and decide for myself which worked best. My plan is only to keep one of them.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
For these subs I'm actually not planning on a review - it's for my own personal HT system.

Acoustic suspension has always been better suited for me, and because my room is not terribly large I wanted a (relatively) small sub. After looking at what I considered the best viable options the E15HP and SB13U floated to the top of the list, with no clear favorite though. Since they each seemed to have an advantage/ability the other didn't I opted to pick up both and decide for myself which worked best. My plan is only to keep one of them.

Oh I see.. well it would have been a fun read. Never have tried out a Rythmik (have always been kind of a SVS/DIY diehard) but it’s something I find myself wanting to do. Anyway I’m sure it'll be hard to send one of them back.

Quote:
I simplified and bought a pair of JL Audio Fathom F113 at a substantial discount
Quote:
I simplified and bought a pair of JTR Captivator S1's at a substantial discount.

Lol.. Coffee all over screen

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzoufan2001  /t/1471574/rythmik-e15-vs-svs-sb13-ultra/60#post_23456485

Jim...Any updates? Which one are you keeping?

I really haven't had either hooked up for a few weeks now. I'm a little behind on my reviews, so I've been focusing on those. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to these two subwoofers shortly.

·
Registered
286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson  /t/1471574/rythmik-e15-vs-svs-sb13-ultra/60#post_23459542

I really haven't had either hooked up for a few weeks now. I'm a little behind on my reviews, so I've been focusing on those. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to these two subwoofers shortly.

Jim,

Was this ever updated or resolved elsewhere? Interested to know your thoughts on the two

61 - 80 of 225 Posts