AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm completely new to the AVS forums and need a little help, well alot actually

I have a pair of B&W685s that I am very satisfied with for my musical needs and they arn't bi-amped, on stands, or burned in yet.

I've already decided to go with a sealed sub for that extra music quality and am wondering if the F15 is worth the extra $ compared to the F12 and G.

The F15 after shipping is $989 with the F12 at $856 after shipping. In reality my price range might not reach up to these levels so as an alternate I'm considering the FV12 which goes for $565 after shipping even though it's vented.

There is also the possibility of a sealed Epik Empire sub for $578 after shipping, but can it match or possibly out perform any of the others mentioned?

What do you guys think?

The reason I'm leaning towards Rythmik is because of all the positive reviews i've read and it seems to be one of the best subs for music quality.

(100% music, movies and games don't matter to me)

I"m including pictures of the room my setup will be in.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...k/PA220003.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...k/PA220002.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...k/PA220004.jpg

The ceiling does have an incline, you can see the start of it in the second link.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Stick with the sealed Rythmiks for music (and HT if you ask me). Get the F15 if you can swing it. It's 15% more money for a lot more output.

From the Rythmik site...

"Compared to our 12" drivers, these achieve 2 db greater efficiency and 4 db greater transient output. For bass frequencies, a 6 db increase in output sounds twice as loud."

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaplace /forum/post/20890539

Save up for the Rythmik. I have a rather large room and went for the E15 (slightly smaller form factor with the HP amp). I am also 90% music on my sub.

Fellow E15 owner here-it seems like we're a rare breed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgass /forum/post/20890899

Stick with the sealed Rythmiks for music (and HT if you ask me). Get the F15 if you can swing it. It's 15% more money for a lot more output.

From the Rythmik site...

"Compared to our 12" drivers, these achieve 2 db greater efficiency and 4 db greater transient output. For bass frequencies, a 6 db increase in output sounds twice as loud."

The F15 is definitely intriguing for only $100 more.. but would I be sacrificing any music quality that the F12G (with that paper cone) can offer?

·
Registered
152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragonbabyy1 /forum/post/20891506

The F15 is definitely intriguing for only $100 more.. but would I be sacrificing any music quality that the F12G (with that paper cone) can offer?

Get the F15 (F15HP if you can score it) and don't look back. You''ll quickly appreciate the increased output, especially at the very low end of the freq spectrum. To save a few bucks, you might always wonder what if you had gotten the 15"

·
Registered
911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragonbabyy1 /forum/post/20890134

I've already decided to go with a sealed sub for that extra music quality and am wondering if the F15 is worth the extra $ compared to the F12 and G.

The F15 after shipping is $989 with the F12 at $856 after shipping. In reality my price range might not reach up to these levels so as an alternate I'm considering the FV12 which goes for $565 after shipping even though it's vented.

There is also the possibility of a sealed Epik Empire sub for $578 after shipping, but can it match or possibly out perform any of the others mentioned?

That is one hell of a deal on an empire.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What did you end up buying?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts