AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the FV15HP so efficient compared to other subs with similar specs such as the Hsu VTF15HP, PSA XS15.

It is also 15' and has a barely 600 watt amp.

I have never had it, I am basing my judgement on the frequency response SPL charts I have seen.

Is it really the best sub under $1500?
 

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
Joined
·
8,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal0101  /t/1526601/rythmik-fv15hp-efficiency#post_24588393


How is the FV15HP so efficient compared to other subs with similar specs such as the Hsu VTF15HP, PSA XS15.

It is also 15' and has a barely 600 watt amp.

I have never had it, I am basing my judgement on the frequency response SPL charts I have seen.
Is it really the best sub under $1500?
If you base this on the highest 16-30 Hz output, probably.  On over 30 Hz output, that would probably go to the XS30.

 

The driver quality of the FV15 is much better than the Hsu, and the amp has nearly twice the power.  Compared to the XV15, which is over $600 cheaper, same thing...better driver, more power, bigger cab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
I'll float a provocative question that is likely to elicit a debate: considering it's about the same cost, dual XV-15s or a single FV15HP?
 

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
Joined
·
8,262 Posts

If adding an additional FV15 is not an option down the road, dual XV15's would almost always be the better option imo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,767 Posts
Efficiency is related to amp design, cabinet size, driver construction and ect. Most subs use little energy until they are under 30 Hz or have a significant bass boost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjd2000  /t/1526601/rythmik-fv15hp-efficiency#post_24588487


I'll float a provocative question that is likely to elicit a debate: considering it's about the same cost, dual XV-15s or a single FV15HP?

I had that option, FV15HP-SE was my choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjd2000  /t/1526601/rythmik-fv15hp-efficiency#post_24588487


I'll float a provocative question that is likely to elicit a debate: considering it's about the same cost, dual XV-15s or a single FV15HP?

Depends a lot on your room and whether you want a lot of sub 20hz output and an overall better sounding sub. The servo and amp controls on the Rythmik make a huge difference.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjd2000  /t/1526601/rythmik-fv15hp-efficiency#post_24588487


I'll float a provocative question that is likely to elicit a debate: considering it's about the same cost, dual XV-15s or a single FV15HP?

FV15HP. It's just so much better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
I finally ended my melodramatic search for a sub tonight. I placed an order for dual Rythmik E15HPs
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123  /t/1526601/rythmik-fv15hp-efficiency#post_24588555


If adding an additional FV15 is not an option down the road, dual XV15's would almost always be the better option imo.


How's the sound quality of the XV15 compared to the FV15HP. I have read people in the past who think the sound quality of the Rythmik is clearly better. Sound quality is very important to me, it's not just about more output. If I only wanted output I could have bought a Behringer Concert sub for a lot cheaper.
 

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
Joined
·
8,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal0101  /t/1526601/rythmik-fv15hp-efficiency#post_24592043



How's the sound quality of the XV15 compared to the FV15HP. I have read people in the past who think the sound quality of the Rythmik is clearly better. Sound quality is very important to me, it's not just about more output. If I only wanted output I could have bought a Behringer Concert sub for a lot cheaper.
From Josh Ricci's Audioholics review of the XV15:

 

"We found that the XV15 sounded clean, composed and dynamic with music, while possessing extension well below 20Hz in room with plenty of headroom to make its presence felt in a large space on movie night"

http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/xv-15-subwoofer

 

Data-bass measurements:

 

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=88
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,743 Posts
I consider the XV15 relatively compromised in terms of accuracy based on available measurements. That is an argument that has been done to death here, so if you want to know why, just do a forum search on the matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjd2000  /t/1526601/rythmik-fv15hp-efficiency#post_24590694


I finally ended my melodramatic search for a sub tonight. I placed an order for dual Rythmik E15HPs
.
Sweet. Congrats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjd2000  /t/1526601/rythmik-fv15hp-efficiency#post_24590694


I finally ended my melodramatic search for a sub tonight. I placed an order for dual Rythmik E15HPs
.

Awesome!


Just curious as to why the E instead of the regular F?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62  /t/1526601/rythmik-fv15hp-efficiency#post_24593214


Awesome!


Just curious as to why the E instead of the regular F?

Mainly for WAF. I had to convince my wife that adding a subwoofer upfront would not only provide a big sound improvement but also be unobtrusive. The latter point being her chief concern. The output difference I read is only .5db and it's a little cheaper to boot. I think I save $150 with the E over the F for duals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjd2000  /t/1526601/rythmik-fv15hp-efficiency#post_24593670


Mainly for WAF. I had to convince my wife that adding a subwoofer upfront would not only provide a big sound improvement but also be unobtrusive. The latter point being her chief concern. The output difference I read is only .5db and it's a little cheaper to boot. I think I save $150 with the E over the F for duals.

Exactly! I would go for the E15HP over the F15HP all day. Cheaper, Smaller, and only .5db difference in output. Seems like a no brainer imo.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top