AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
Those subs haven't been measured by any third parties that I know of, so you won't find measurements of them floating around, sorry. They should perform similarly.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
It's not surprising that those subs haven't been measured. Only a few reviewers actually measure subwoofer performance. I think those subs might have similar output levels as the 12"s from SVS except the SVS subs will produce cleaner and stronger deep bass around its tuning point. It you want a $500 that has a lot of mid bass punch, I would be looking at the PA-150. It can match the Rythmik FV15HP and SVS PB13 Ultra for mid bass output. It's pretty much perfect for your tastes and budget. Here is a review of it.

·
Premium Member
6,494 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Oh ya! No doubt the LV12R will have a significant output advantage.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
The LV12r will have more deep bass output, but probably won't have much more mid bass output. In some respects this is a lateral move. If I were you I would save up for something better, a solid, all around upgrade instead of just moving a tick up. I would be thinking about one of the 15"s from Reaction, Rythmik, or Hsu.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The LV12r will have more deep bass output, but probably won't have much more mid bass output. In some respects this is a lateral move. If I were you I would save up for something better, a solid, all around upgrade instead of just moving a tick up. I would be thinking about one of the 15"s from Reaction, Rythmik, or Hsu.
If the LV12R has deeper bass then SVS and bests the SVS by even half a db in midbass, I would consider this an upgrade more so than a lateral move. In my listening environment, I cannot even come close to using the midbass output on the LV12R as it will be just too loud. I'm after deep articulate bass and an even frequency response and the LV12R delivers both. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I know this is a bit older post, but if you are still saving up, I would consider going with two subs staying within your budget. Instead of getting 1 f15, get 2 lv12r's or similar.

A lot of times boomy bass is attributed to the sub, but is actually the result of room resonances. By getting 2 subs and placing them strategically to cancel those room modes, your sub will sound cleaner and tighter. Don't forget about doing the same for your fronts, and you listening position also comes into play as well. Download the Harman room mode calculator, read Floyd Toole's paper - Getting the Bass Right, and go from there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts