AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came upon the website for Rythmik Audio when researching sub kits. They are a small mom & pop operation in southern California. Their website appears to be honest and informative, and if the info is correct their servo sub kit for $349 sounds too good to be true (f3 of 14 Hz in a sealed 2-4 cf enclosure). Has anyone out there built one of these? Any info would be appreciated.

PS I tried to post the url but apparently I need to post more first! You can look it up in google, if you want.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
 Link

I haven't read of anyone using the servo products but their non-servo amp is popular with the DIY crowd over at Home Theater Forum. They have been pairing it with the Stryke AV subs.

-Robert

·
Registered
198 Posts
I took an old cerwin vega front firing passive sub, added extra internal braces, removed the ports, reskined the original woofer cutout in order to make the rythmik down firing, add legs, plugged in the new woofer, cut out and plugged in the servo amp and presto done deal. no need to do any real math. I was up and running in one afternoon.

the sub is acoustic suspension roughly 2.5 cubic foot. have not done any graphing of freq sweeps yet, but this thing pounds with authority. It easily passes the typical dvd sub torture tests. High output sub 20hz freq are no problem.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Squidgy
Their website appears to be honest and informative, and if the info is correct their servo sub kit for $349 sounds too good to be true (f3 of 14 Hz in a sealed 2-4 cf enclosure).
$349 is just for the amp and woofer. The enclosure is another $199 for the 2.1 cf enclosure. Read the servo page carefully, it will state all you need is the enclosure!

BTW, I have one of thier non-servo amps running my styrke mini-thunder (passive sub), works great!

Best Regards,

Patrick

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Rosros - any particular reason you made it down-firing as opposed to front firing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.