AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use the ISCO2 with my DILA and 2.35 constant height scope screen. Can I set resolution to 1360x768 and use the ISCO2 and stretch to 2.35 for scope movies? Then change resolution to 1360x1024 zoom in and use ISCO2 for 1.78 (1.85) viewing without any adjustments to the ISCO2 lens? Is anyone using this configuration? If so how well does it work?

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
It might work. Only if zooming doesn't affect the ISCO, though.

If zooming does affect the ISCO, you could run at 1360x768 full-time, with constant height (as you mentioned). Swing the ISCO in front for 2.35:1, swing away for 16:9.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I don't really see the point of running in 1360 X 768 mode.

I have a 16:9 screen, D-ILA, and ISCO lens, but it seems like you could stay in full 1360 X 1024 mode and just zoom and focus for going inbetween 1.78:1, 1.85:1 and 2.35:1 material with a 2.35:1 screen.

-Dean.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Dean McManis
...I have a 16:9 screen, D-ILA, and ISCO lens, but it seems like you could stay in full 1360 X 1024 mode and just zoom and focus for going inbetween 1.78:1, 1.85:1 and 2.35:1 material with a 2.35:1 screen.

-Dean.
So you can zoom in and out with the projector using the ISCO2 lens without effecting the quality of the picture through the ISCO2. Another words once the ISCO2 is adjusted for my DILA it does not matter if I zoom in or out. The ISCO2 always stays in adjustment once set (focus, depth of field, edges, and/or whatever else it requires)?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
William,

Yes - you can zoom with the ISCO without much problem. There is a slight change in distortion

with zoom - the high throw ratio end of the zoom range will be better than the low throw ratio end.

The zoom on the D-ILA gives you throw ratios of 2.1 [W] to 3.1 [T]. The distortion at the 3.1 end

should be practically nil, and slight at the 2.1 end.

Dean is correct - you can leave your resolution set at 1365X1024. There's really no difference

between having the unused pixels be "off" because they are not part of the resolution [ 1365 X 768

mode ], or they are part of the resolution [ 1365 X 1024 mode ] and told to "project" black.

In either case, they are still "aimed" at the screen - but "off".

Greg

·
Registered
806 Posts
I keep my zoom at the 2.35 size and use YZY to do the work. That way I don't wear out the zoom and focus motors, everything is always focused properly, and I have a constant brightness and pixel size for all sources.

This means of course that 1.85 material has less resolution than 2.35 but the D-ILA has pixels to spare.

Normal 1.33 has the least resolution, but then again, so do 1.33 sources.

I thing I like most is that it doesn't need constant tweaking since it's just a matter of how many pixels I enable.

Works for me anyway!

Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.