AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Sony BV 770w system and cannot get the rear speakers to work for the life of me. I have taken the steps in the manual to the T. The light is on solid green but no sound out of the rear speaker. Should I have the HDMI going from my cable box to my reciever or to the TV itself? Kind of confused and could really use some help! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamiellm
I recently purchased the Sony BV 770w system and cannot get the rear speakers to work for the life of me. I have taken the steps in the manual to the T. The light is on solid green but no sound out of the rear speaker. Should I have the HDMI going from my cable box to my reciever or to the TV itself? Kind of confused and could really use some help! Thanks in advance!
What does the manual say? What does Sony say? If the HDMI cable goes from your cable box to the tv, bypassing the receiver, then you're only going to get what ever your tv can give you. If you want 5.1, then you need to go to the receiver first, HDMI out to the tv. Turn off your tv speakers and play audio thru the receiver and video thru the tv.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
cable box hdmi out--> receiver hdmi in --> receiver hdmi out --> hdmi tv in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.