AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I live in Fremont and I was wondering what stations broadcast in in widescreen HDTV (or plain digital) format? Does it depend on the tv show? And if so, can anyone name some examples of shows that are broadcast in 16:9 format?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zeavran
Hello all. I live in Fremont and I was wondering what stations broadcast in in widescreen HDTV (or plain digital) format? Does it depend on the tv show? And if so, can anyone name some examples of shows that are broadcast in 16:9 format?

Thanks guys!
If you live in Newark, then say so! ;)

Want to come by for a demo?

Derek

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer, but I have a weird schedule. I'll consider it though. What's your set-up? In the meantime, can you give me a clue as to what's being broadcast in widescreen on what networks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Easiest way to find this information is to go to www.titantv.com. Type in your zip code and voila - list of all the local digital channels and programming schedule.

·
Registered
276 Posts
To elaborate, all of the major affiliates in the Bay Area are broadcasting on their digital channels. You'll find that during primetime on most days you'll find HD on KGO (ABC) and KPIX (CBS). You'll also find widescreen standard definition (480p) during primetime on KTVU regularly. Crossing Jordan and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno are both in HD on KRON (NBC). KQED sometimes shows HDTV presentations from the PBS national feed and has shown a couple of locally produced HD presentations. KBWB (WB), KBHK (UPN), KNTV (Ind) and KICU (Ind) have no HDTV.

--Andrew

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. So basically the only widescreen broadcasts are primtime ABC/KGO, CBS/KPIX, and sometimes standard definition FOX/KTVU?

Also, what would you compare standard definition quality to? Maybe DirecTV?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
276 Posts
SD on KTVU I think is pretty good. I would say better then DirecTV, about the quality of a DVD. And it is widescreen, so no stretching or bars on a 16:9 monitor. It isn't HD, but it is better then the "widescreen" NBC presentations (ER, The West Wing) which are anything but!

--Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.