Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got the HLM507W w/new internals. I was reading the HLM tweeks thread to use the suggested tweeks for the S.Menu. The first time I went in the Sub-menu 3 - AD9883 (480p/component) was grayed out and not accessible. I unplugged the component cables and went back into the s.menu and Sub-menu 3 - AD9883 was now accessible. Ever since then the Sub-menu 3 - AD9883 has been grayed out and not accessible whether the components are in or not. I just want to know if there is something that I need to press/do to make this sub-menu accessible? On the threads, I haven't heard on anyone having problems getting into this sub-menu.

Thank you,

Will

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Will,

I'm not EXACTLY sure about what component you had connected or disconnected when you were messing with the SM, but perhaps this can help.

THe AD9883 chip is ONLY used when you have a 480p source connected to one of the three component video inputs. If you switched to another input (say S-Vi1 or Comp1 with a 480i DVD player connected or something) when you disconnected from the first input, the AD9883 would no longer be accessible. The (Component/480p) next to AD9883 in the SM means that you must be using a 480p video source connected to Component 1, 2 or 3 in order for the chip to be active. Can you verify that this is indeed the case on your TV? Remember, you MUST be viewing a particular Component input on the TV when you turn it off and then use the SM code to turn the TV back on in the SM.

Let me know what happens one you have done this.

Sorry if you already knew what I mentioned above.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff,

Thank you for your reply.

I have the Panasonic s35s prog. scan dvd player hooked up to component 1. I have progressive scan enabled. I tried going into the s.menu. The component/480p sub menu finally did light up. The problem is when I scrolled down to it, it went from submenu 2 skipped 3 and went directly to 4. Another thing that would happen is I would go to another submenu. When I back out to the main menu, I would notice that the component/480p sub menu would be grayed out again. It's weird because I did get in that one time.

Will

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wilend
Hi,

I just got the HLM507W w/new internals. I was reading the HLM tweeks thread to use the suggested tweeks for the S.Menu.

Will
You may be mixing apples and oranges. The major tweak threads are based on the first edition of the HLM 50" and 43" sets. Those tweaks and menu choices do not all apply to the second edition HLM sets, the original HLM617 or the new HLN sets.

I don't think any definitive tweaks have been posted for the new configuration.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Les,

Thank you for the reply.

I didn't realize that I had the new internals until after I did the tweeks. I am just trying to figure out why I can't access that sub-menu 3 anymore in case I need to go into that in the future.

I do notice that the picture seems to be getting clearer as the set breaks in. I am for the most part happy with the picture. Just hope the color banding issue is resolved in time.

Will

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.