Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just got my projector working yesturday and it looks great! I've noticed however that all three lenses on my 2500 ECP aren't the same..... The Red and Green have Delta Tac 4 lenses and the blue has a DeltaHD-6D lense on it. It sticks out further than the rest and in doesn't have grooving in the inside. I had trouble getting the blue to focus as well as the other two and blue shadows out on dark scenes. I suspecting this lense is causing the problem.....any ideas?? thanks again

Trent

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
That's weird.

Unless the two lens types are 100% interchangeable, I can't see this being a good thing. Given that one sticks out more then other, I would think that they are NOT interchangeable.

Sounds like someone may have 'Frankensteined' this projector. (ie: swapped parts).

Though blue is always a lot harder to focus then the other two.

Try swapping the blue and green lenses and see if the shadows move to the green and disappear from the blue.

Kal

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone Know which of those are the original lenses for a 2500 ECP, I'm guessing its the Tac 4. In that case I guess I'm in the market for a Delta TAC 4......

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnErT
Does anyone Know which of those are the original lenses for a 2500 ECP, I'm guessing its the Tac 4. In that case I guess I'm in the market for a Delta TAC 4......
I would quess that the HD6 is the original lenses. Tac 4 is cheap all-platic-lenses which should be avoided.

Per Johnny

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I would do what Kal suggested before I did anything. Your PJ may work fine with it's current lens.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If the Tac4 lenses are the all plastic jobs that had a sticker like Delta II something something they are very much inferior to the HD6 lenses. Compare the weight of the two. The HD6s are all glass and weigh alot more. If your HD6 isn't working as well as the Tac4s something is wrong with it.

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
What they said. THE HD 6 lenses are much better.

Curt

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are there any lenses better than the Hd-6 for a 2500 ECP that would give even better results?? Also, what if any can sratched lenses do to the quality of a picture?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi there

If you could find some for cheap, colour filtered lenses like the HD145 or colour filtered and colour corrected 144s would be an improvement, but youd have to change your glycol in the unit for clear glycol. (stick with trying to get a set of HD6's, work out much cheaper as they are very common).

Scratched lenses, depends on how scratched yours are, if there a few hairline scratches on the outer lense, you will never really notice it on a projected image, If the scratches are on the inner lense they will be magnified in you projected image.

Hope this helps

James

PS Tac4 lenses are crap, they were usually found on the really bottom range projectors like the seleco/vidikron pub ones and some barco video only units.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.