AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scenario- I am inputting S-VHS EP speed College football games to the new Panny E-80 and burning 3 XP discs for each game after I cut out commercials and halftime. I have a Bravo D1 DVD player and a Panny xp-30. I compared the two. The Panny is state of the art in non DVI, IMHO. The Bravo makes EP speed look like SP. The panny is good but NOT as good as Bravo - no doubt on this test. Resolution on my Sony XBR800- 40 incher is smaller than the Panny but def clearer and more precise. Imagine having old EP tapes look like SP quality. This is what I am saying. My games were done EP S-VHS in 2000-2002. The Bravo performs- I bought it 5 months ago - no lockups yet. It seems to love burned DVD-R's and plays them like its hungary. I have only played about 20 commercial dvds

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I'll never buy one that doesn't play like it's Czechoslovakia...:D

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
HoustonGuy,

Why don't you just record the games as S-VHS SP? I have S-VHS blanks in lengths that permit 160 minutes SP, 180 minutes SP, and 240 minutes SP. As you might guess, S-VHS record quality is superb using SP - very close to DVD.

(P.S. I ordered the 240 S-VHS blanks over the NET from Australia.)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pnichols- All of the games I am now inputting were done in 2000-2002 which I should have done as you say . Now I am smarter and will never ever do another S-VHS tape at EP speed. Where was this board in 2000? I am mad and might sue! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.