AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a digital cable and satellite box {dish} (yes I know, thats lots of tv).

The dish box is on input 1

The digital cable box is hooked up via input 2.

Both are using the audio / video cables.

I want to use the s-video out of my digital cable box to the input of the replaytv, but naturally, the replaytv only has one svideo input.

My question is, which input is that s-video from, input 1 or 2? And can it be specified to work only from 1 or 2? Or is it just input 1 enabled only?

Thanks for your time :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
S-Video only works on input 2.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777
S-Video only works on input 2.

Thats weird, but perfect for my current setup.

I'll power down the replay, replace the yellow video cable with an S-video cable tonight and report my results. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
You also have to specify in setup that you're using the S-vid input. Just swapping the cable won't do it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaysideBas
You also have to specify in setup that you're using the S-vid input. Just swapping the cable won't do it.
Thanks bayside...... didn't realize that.

Up until now, I've never used the s-video inputs/outputs but with my new 56" DLP HDTV, I need all the quality I can squeeze out of the replay.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknoi
Thats weird, but perfect for my current setup.

I'll power down the replay, replace the yellow video cable with an S-video cable tonight and report my results. Thanks!
Why power down?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknoi
... I've never used the s-video inputs/outputs but with my new 56" DLP HDTV, I need all the quality I can squeeze out of the replay.
Also you should try the component out from the Replay to your HD set My Sony 57" HDTV looks alot better that way. But it really depends on your TV sio that is why I said to try

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.