AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Denon 3801 and a Tohsiba 56H80. For the mean time I will be using Digital Cable and running S-Video to the AVR. And Component from my Toshiba 6200 DVD player to the AVR. Can I run just Component cables to my set while having this S-Video in the mix?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm not aware of any AVR that converts "component" in to "S-Video" out. The whole purpose of component switching is to affect the signal through the AVR as little as possible.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
18 Posts
there are no receivers right now that will convert s video or composite to component. you can however buy and Iscan line doubler. this will convert anything you throw at it to 480p. you can pick them up for around $450. ther is an I scan pro for $650 that will take component inputs so you could run you component out from you dvd to the iscan but I don't know if it would be worth the extra money. basically it might make you cable viewing better and solve you switching problem at the same time.

[This message has been edited by hognutz (edited 06-14-2001).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a seller on ebay that has them for $679 buy it now. If you want his user id email me. he has an auction running right now but I don't want to post his info or advertise for him. I saw his auction was not getting bid on so I contaced him and he said he would sell it offline for $659. adverstised as new in box the guy has like 80 positive feedbacks so I assume he is ok. cheapest I found them I just don't need one with my sat-hd100 and dvd-rp91. My reciever does the switching. I would like to see dss in 480p vs the upconvert 1080i that the sat-hd100 but am not willing to pony up $650.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.